Department of Computer Science & Engineering Contact Department
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) FET of SSGI, SSTC was started in the year 1999 with an initial intake of 60 students and now it has been increased to 180 students. The Department of Computer Science & Engineering offers B. E. in Computer Science and Engineering & M. Tech. courses in Computer Technology Application and Computer Science and Engineering. Currently, the intake of the Department for UG is 180 and PG in M.Tech (CTA) is 30, M.Tech (CSE) is 30. It has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation in 2009 and 2014. The student chapter of professional societies like ISTE is active throughout the year to develop and support co-curriculum and extra curriculum activities among the students. The department not only provides state of the art computing facilities to the students but it also provides knowledge with the latest technologies and practical exposure so that they can make their presence felt in the latest technical revolution.
Message from HOD
- HOD: Dr Dr. Samta Gajbhiye, Ph.D
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) FET of SSGI, SSTC has started in the year 1999 with an initial intake of 60 students and now it has been increased to 180 students.
- M. Tech. courses in Computer Technology Application [Intake 30]
- M. Tech. courses in Computer Science and Engineering [Intake 30]
- Accreditation Status: Accredited three times by National Board of Accreditation in 2009 and 2014 and in 2019
- Professional societies : CSI, ISTE, and IEEE are active throughout the year to develop and support co-curriculum and extra curriculum activities among the students.
To empower the students to be technologically adept, innovative and responsible global citizen and contribute significantly towards high quality technical education with ever changing world so as to build a strong & developed nation.
- To enhance the technical knowledge of the students by embracing activity and analytical based learning and also outcome based education in varied areas of computer science and engineering.
- To groom competent professionals to become part of the industry & research organization at national & international level.
- Provide exposure of latest tools and technologies in the area of engineering and technology.
COURSES IN COMPUTER SCIENCE ENGINEERING
The department has a modern laboratory to serve the teaching and research needs of the students and faculties of the department. The lab currently has 2 HP servers about 405 Pentium Dual-Core PCs. All systems are connected to the departmental LAN which is a part of the Institute-wide area network. Internet connectivity is provided by a 100 Mbps link leased from BSNL exclusively for the department. The department also has all licensed as well as open source software required for all the courses offered by CSE department.
Laboratory education is an important part of the engineering curriculum. The department has various laboratories in both the platforms i.e. Windows and Linux and the department constantly modernizes its infrastructure facilities to keep abreast with the rapidly changing technological trends in the field. At present the Computer Science and Engineering Department is having two full furnished labs for practicing C and Data Structures, OOP through Java, Shell programming, Oracle, Case tools, Multimedia web design, Compiler Design, Operating system labs.
Workshops Organized and attended:
- In each academic session workshop/seminar/training is organized by the department to bridge the gap between industry and institute.
- Workshop organized in session 19-20:
- Workshop organized in session 18-90:
- University Toppers: Every year students get the position in merit list of university
- 2018-19: Four students secured position in merit list
- 2017-18: Six students secured position in merit list
- NPTEL: 5 students secured Elite certification in NPTEL
- NSS: Every year around 20 students deidicate their time in NSS. Four students were recognized bythe government.
- Nidhi Sahu awarded as best Student for NSS Service by Chief Minister Bhagel in 2019.
- Nidhi Sahu, and Gulshan Banpela has cleared C certification in NSS programme during 2018 Lehkamani Sahu Participated in 8th Bhartiya Chhatra Sansad organized by MIT World Peace University, Pune in 2018
- Aishraya pandey participated in Bhartiya Chhatra Sansad organized by MIT World Peace University, Pune in 2020.
- Smart India Hackathon: Every year students participate in SIH and brings applauds to the institute.
- Mridul Bhattacharya, Mukesh Phulwani, Harsh Thakur, Arghya Bandhopadhyay, Nitin Sahu, Neha Chhatria, Customer Servise Chat Port , Participation Certificate at IIT Rookie in 2018-19
- IIT Mumbai Remote Center: For Live learning and discussions with faculty of IITs
- Amazon Web Services Educate (AWS): for online courses and recruitment
- Siddhartha Agrawal, Rocky Pandit, Subham Agrawal, Story Teller, 1st (Winner), NIT (Raipur) in 2018-19
- Shashank Chandrakar, Devendra Barmate, Vaibhav Pandey, Mrinal Mohan , Rajat Sharma, Nidhi Singh, PMKVY (Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna), Chandigarh Collage Of Engineering in 2016-17
- Gyanendra Sahu, Android Robotic, 1st Winner , IIT Bombay in 2015-16
84% students placed in multiple multinational companies, 10% went to higher studies and 2% are entrepreneurs. (101 students placed out of 120)
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
|1||To trained students with a strong base in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals obligatory to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems.|
|2||To widen an ability to evaluate and identify requirements for rapidly changing computing problems and information system environments.|
|3||To develop good communication skills and to inculcate team spirit in professional environment.|
|4||To develop an ability to gauge the impact of computing on society, and possess knowledge of the ethical, social and professional implications/responsibilities of their work.|
|5||To promote awareness in students by engaging themselves in life-long learning to adapt to innovation and change.|
List of Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
|1||Students will able to to use current techniques ,skills, and tools necessary for computing practice and apply them to various areas such as operating system, data structure, computer network, databases, algorithm and architecture for designing and implementation of complex system with the help of different programming languages.|
|2||Students will able to apply the basic knowledge of all the engineering subjects and, also develop an understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security, social issues and responsibility with ability to design, implement and evaluate a computer based system, process, component or programs software system to meet desired needs of industry and academics.|
|S.No||The Department of Computer Science and Engineering has the best quality infrastructure with State of the art facilities-|
|1||Five state-of-the-art laboratories - E-Learning, Interactive, Networking, Unix & Project Labs.|
|2||Over 150 high configured branded HP & ACER systems and three Intel Xeon dual processor servers.|
|3||200 MB Bandwidth Internet connectivity through Leased Line.|
|4||At present the Computer Science and Engineering department is having the twelve full furnished labs for practicing C and Data Structures, OOP Through Java, Shell programming, Oracle, Case tools, Multimedia web design, Compiler Design, Operating system labs.|
|5||E-Class room for E-learning comprises 200 VCDs for 25 subjects.|
|6||Advanced and latest software technologies like Rational Rose ,Oracle etc|
|7||Departmental Library has large collection of 700 books and thesis, journals|
|S. No.||Name of The Laboratory||Description|
|1||Android Lab||This laboratory is meant especially for under graduates and research scholars for design and development of android based software applications to enhance practical knowledge. Facilities provided in this lab internet facility, VLSI Front End Software, Xilinx Logic Edition, Android Studio, LogistEN 2.7.1, Swfit.|
|2||Software Engineering Lab||This lab is established mainly for conducting experiments related to software engineering. This lab is equipped with Open source Argo UML tool and VLSI Front End Software, Xilinx Logic Edition, www.draw.io|
|3||Programming Language Lab and Graphics & Gamming Lab||The objective of course is to learn basic principles of programming languages: their concepts, constructs, syntax, semantics and pragmatics. The course will focus on the classic programming language paradigms of Imperative and Object Oriented. This course will focus on understanding some aspects of Imperative and Object Oriented paradigms using C/C++, Java and Python as languages. Basic programming lab is used for introducing the practical knowledge of subjects such as C, visual basic. This lab is equipped with Turbo-C, Java-8, Unity 3D for Gamming.|
|4||Full Stack Development Lab||This lab is used for conducting practical’s based Programming methodology and Internet Technology. The lab is equipped with HTML, CSS, Bootstrap-4, ES6 React and Node JS.|
|5||Cloud Computing and Virtualization Lab||The goal of this lab is to give you experience in setting up virtualization. We cover bare-metal and host-os hypervisors. Observe their differences. This course will give you all the fundamental concepts to understand how Virtualization works The lab is equipped with VM Ware or Oracle Virtual Box , Java-8, Oracle-10g.|
|6||Micro Processor Lab & Computer Networking Lab||The lab helps the students to enhance their knowledge about various processors such as 8085, 8086, Microcontrollers, interfacing of these processors with other equipments. The lab is equipped with M 85-0X, and software like 8086 simulator. In this laboratory students acquire skills of computer networking. They develop programs related to network programming and network communication in different computer languages on various platforms. This laboratory also has various network simulators. An emphasis has been given on practical approach to carry out networking experiments on a real time simulator like LAN Trainer. Various facilities available in this lab are CISCO router, Falcon LAN, Trainer Kit, Benchmark LAN Kit-2, 8085 Microprocessor Kit (10) and EMU 8086, Cisco Packet Tracer, NetSim 2.0etc.|
|7||Artificial Intelligence Lab and Deep Learning Lab||Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning Lab was established to carry out fundamental and applied research into neural systems and deep learning mechanisms, aimed at creating artificial intelligence. This work involves the development of new algorithms capable of identifying a sequence of actions that will lead to the solution of a problem in an unknown environment without any supervision. Achieving this will make AI systems significantly more autonomous, expanding the range of their possible applications. The lab is equipped with Prolog, Python, Ruby, LISP|
|8||Simulation Lab & DBMS Lab||Simulation lab is equipped with MATLAB, which is an interactive, matrix-based system for scientific and engineering numeric computation and visualization, solve complex numerical problems in a fraction of the time required with a programming language such as Fortran or C. This lab is used by the undergraduate’s students for implementing the particle knowledge of database management system. This lab equipped with SCI lab, MonoDB and DBMS Lab (Oracle-10g).|
|9||UNIX Lab||This lab is used to familiarize students with Linux environment, its commands, file systems and shell scripting. The system software used in this lab is Kubantu, Red hat Linux.|
|10||Internet of Things (IoT) Lab and Soft Computing Lab||The Internet of Things (IoT) is aimed at enabling the interconnection and integration of the physical world and the cyber space. It represents the trend of future networking, and leads the third wave of the IT industry revolution. In this article, we first introduce some background and related technologies of IoT and discuss the concepts and objectives of IoT. The main objective of the Soft Computing Techniques to Improve Data Analysis Solutions is to strengthen the dialogue between the statistics and soft computing research communities in order to cross-pollinate both fields and generate mutual improvement activities. The lab is equipped with Tensor Flow (Google Machine Learning), Python, Ruby, AML (Amazon Machine Learning)|
|11||Research Lab (Ph.D.)||For creating and maintaining Research environment among the faculties as well as students. Various facilities in the Research lab are provided like internet facility, access to different websites like IEEE, Springer etc. Research scholar can gain practical hand on software like MATLAB 2018a, MATLAB 2018a for 02 Users, LaTeX-2018, IEEE Macros.|
|12||Web Technology Lab||This course is intended to teach the basics involved in publishing content on the World Wide Web. This includes the ‘language of the Web’ HTML, the fundament also of how the Internet and the Web function, a basic understanding of graphic production with a specific stress on creating graphics for the Web, and a general grounding introduction to more advanced topics such as programming and scripting. This will also expose students to the basic tools and applications used in Web publishing. The lab is equipped with Turbo-C, Java-8, NetBeans.|
- No of PhDs : 10
- Average Experience – 12 years
- Copyrights: threecopyrigths by Dr. Samta Gajbhiye and Dr. Padma Bonde
- Dr. Siddharth Chaubey and Dr. Abha Chaubey– 3 Books in Amazon and Sun India
- Reviewers in National and international Journals: Dr. Shrikant Tiwari editor in 15 International and reviewer in13 international journals
|Domain||Description||Name of Faculty|
|Consultancy||Analysis of Digitally Modulated Signals
Bioinformatics for thumb recognition
Image Watermarking using Discrete Wavelet Transform
|Dr. Abha Chaubey & Prof. Aakankasha Chaubey
Dr. Megha Mishra
Dr. Shrikant Tiwari
|Copy Rights|| Classiquantum Resistance Delayed Capability Exchange Secure Simple Pairing Protocol (CR-DCE-SSP)
Secure Simple Pairing with Authenticated Public key exchange and Delayed Capability Exchange
|Book Published||Multi-Wavelet Based Image De-noising
Analysis Design of Algorithm
|Dr. Siddharth Chaubey
Dr. Abha Chaubey
|Reviewer Editorial Board||Editor: 15 International Journal
Reviewer: 13 International Journal [Elsevier, IEEE Transactions, Springer, Hindawi, Inder Science, World Science etc]
|Dr. Shrikant Tiwari|
|Reviewer Editorial Board||Journal of Computer Engg., i-manager [Chief Editor]||Dr. Kamal Mehta|
List of Computational Software
|S.No.||Type of Software||Source||Remarks|
|1||Microsoft Lience (Entire Campus)||Infotech Services||-|
|2||MATLAB R2018a 02 Users||Carnes Software International Ltd.||-|
|Bioinformatics Toolbox 02 Users|
|MATLAB Coder Toolbox 02 Users|
|Neural Network Toolbox 02 Users|
|Parallel Computing Toolbox 02 Users|
|Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox 02 Users|
|Image Processing Toolbox 02 Users|
|3||VLSI Design Tool Set Consist of :- (50 Users) B) Floating Network Simplify pro synthesis tool for all major FPGA vendors 1 no. C) Implementation tool software (Public domain) for Xilinx FPGAs/ CPLDs Universal Trainer Kit Consists of:- 1. Base Unit 2. Xilinx CPLD XC9572-15PC84 3. Xilinc Spartan II X2s30-TQ144||Trident Techlabs Pvt. LTD.||-|
|4||Net Sim 2.0 ( 5 Users) Aloha, Token Ring, Token Bus, Wireless LAN, Switch, X.25, TCP/IP Routers||QUARABZ Marketing Systems||-|
|5||Total Security Antivirus Quick Heal Per Client (Entire Campus)||A.J. Infotech||-|
List of Campus Software
|S.No.||Type of Software||Source||Remarks|
Microsoft License (Entire Campus)
|2||Total Security Antivirus Quick Heal Per Client (Entire Campus)||A.J. Infotech||-|
||Open Source Software||-|
|1||Anmol Agrawal of 2nd year of CSE in session 2017-18 has secured 1st position in college in the end semester examination conducted by CSVTU Bhilai.|
|2||Around 85% of students were placed in companies- CAPGEMNAI, TCS,BYJU’S,WIPRO,ROBERT BOSCH , EXTRA MARKS. An average package of over 10 lakhs per annum was offered to the students this year (2018-2019Batch).|
|3||Many Workshops were organized around various subjects of Computer Science (GIT hub, Artificial Intelligence and machine learning etc.).These workshops were organized under the banner of TEQUIP-III, CG COST, ISTQB, IEEE Student Chapter. Faculties and graduates actively participated with inclusive accommodations to enhance their knowledge.|
|S.No.||Workshop Detail||Month/Year||No of Days||Resource Person||Coordinator|
|1||Git and Git Hub(section 3rd C)||06/10/2018||1||Dr Siddhartha Choubey||Dr Siddhartha Choubey|
|2||Git and GitHub (section 3rd A)||13/10/2018||1||Dr Siddhartha Choubey||Dr Siddhartha Choubey|
|3||AWS||09/09/2018||1||Saurabh Shrivastava(Alumni 2004 batch)||Dr Siddhartha Choubey|
|4||KOHA Library Workshop||12/10/2018||1||Dr Siddhartha Choubey and Prof Abhishek Dewangan||Dr Siddhartha Choubey and Association with IIT Mumbai|
|5||Html5 , CSS3 and Bootstrap (Create Responsive Website )||01/11/18 to 02/11/18||2||SSQUARE Pvt Ltd Freelancing S/W company||Dr Siddhartha Choubey|
|6||Python for Machine Learning||16/11/18 to 17/11/18||2||SSQUARE Pvt Ltd Freelancing S/W company||Dr Siddhartha Choubey|
|7||Short term training program on” Research opportunities in AI & Machine learning ” with ASUTE (Deep learning And AI skill Research cell, SSTC Bhilai)||17/12/2018 to 21/12/2018||5||DR. Pradeep Singh (NIT Raipur)||Dr. K K Metha|
|Dr. Priyanka Sharma Certified Trainer, NVDIA|
|Dr. Naresh Nagwani NIT Raipur|
|Dr. Vivek Tiwari IIIT Raipur|
|Dr. Ayan Seal IIIT Jabalpur.|
|8||Machine Learning and Deep Learning for Computer Vision Applications||6/3/18 to 10/3/18||5||Dr. Rishav Singh Bennett University Delhi||Dr.Shrikant Tiwari|
|Dr. Lalit Singh Scientist BARC, Govt. of India|
|Dr. Vivek Tiwari IIIT-Naya Raipur|
Awards Won by students of CSE
|S.No.||Event||Organised By||Team Members||Position||Project||Winning Amount|
|1||Hackathon||NIT (Raipur)||Siddhartha Agrawal, Rocky Pandit, Subham Agrawal||1st (Winner)||Story Teller||7000 / only|
|2||Hackathon 2.0||NIT (Raipur)||Siddhartha Agrawal, Rocky Pandit, Subham Agrawal||1st (Winner)||Story Teller||7000 / only|
|3||Pre Design Software||SSIPMT Raipur||Harsh Khendalwal||2nd Runner Up||Live Ambulance Tracking||5000/-only|
Certification courses by faculties:
- Certification from NVIDIA: 3 faculties
- Certification from IIT Bombay Remote Center: 3 faculties
- NPTEL Certification: 10 Faculties
|Domain||Description||Name of Faculty|
|Certification||Certification from NVIDIA : Fundamental of Deep learning for computer vision||Dr. Samta Gajbhiye
Dr. Siddharth Chaubey
Dr. Abha Chaubey
|certification||Remote Center Coordinator
KOHA Library Certification from IIT, Bombay
|Dr. Samta Gajbhiye
Dr. Siddharth Chaubey
Prof. Abhishek Dewangan
|certification||NPTEL Certification||Dr. Samta Gajbhiye
Dr. Siddharth Chaubey
Prof. Abhishek Dewangan
Dr. Abha Chaubey
Prof. Akaknsha Chaubey
Prof. Rajesh Tiwari
GATE Qualified 2018-19
|S.No.||Name of Student|
|1||Nitin Kumar Radke|
|7||Parakh Milind Raje|
|12||Falendra kr. Bandhe|
Centre of Excellence: MOU’s with 7 organizations
- CISCO – NetAcad for training and certificate Courses in campus. 20 students Registered [See the pic in Gallery]
- RedHat Linux Academy for hands on training and certification. 200 students registererd [See the pic in Gallery]
- IIT Mumbai Approved Resource center – for online training on various courses. Every year 250 students go for certification in the courses available. [See the pic in Gallery]
- IIT Mumbai Approved Remote Center – For Live learning and discussions with faculty of IITs. As per schedule of IIB the institute becomes the center for various workshop.
- Amazon Web Services Educate (AWS)- For free online courses and recruitment. Training was organized for students in Feb’2020 in IOT where nearly 70 students attended the training.
- ASTUTE in association with Bennet University for Machine learning and deep learning. Five day workshop was organized for faculties in Dec 2019 on Machine learning and Deep learning. Nearly 60 faculties attended the workshop.
- Automate Anywhere: Training center for BOTS. Nearly 350 students have registered in Automation Anywhere and 21 students and faculties have cleared the certification on BOT.
- MHRD approved Institute Innovation Council: The institute has been rated as 3-star for its inititive and support for innovation, startups and idea that was submitted in MHRD IIC. Time to time the workshops/coding competition are organized to promote the students and faculties fro starpups and innovation [See the pic in Gallery]
HACKATHON 3.0: Hackathon 3.0 was a non-stop 24 hour digital product development competition, where problems are posed to technology students for innovative solutions.
- Jointly organized by department of Computer Science & Engineering and Information Technology SSTC Bhilai
- Sponsored by CSVTU Bhilai under technical education quality improvement program ie TEQIP-III.
- Total 110 teams registered from all over the India. Out of 110 teams 82 teams were shortlisted based on internal presentation on their chosen them before the judges.
- Out of 82 teams 72 teams with 316 members were present on the day of competition.
- 20- Judges from IIT’s , NIT’s and Industries across the country evaluated the team.
- Total prize of 50000/- thousand was awarded to winning teams.
- SMART BIKE based on IOT
- Monitors the temperature of engine
- Monitors inclination of bike.
- Key lost will not be an issue etc
- Remark: Patent Published, Nominated for Vishwakarma Award
- Smart Mirror using IOT
- Two-way mirror with electronic display behind the glass.
- Displays infromation in the form of widgets such as weather, time, date and news updates.
- Useful for busy individuals that wants to multitask and stay infromed.
- Plastic Bricks
- Utilize the waste plastic and convert it into a safe reusable constructional commodity “Brick”
- Soft Skills & Personality Development sessions
- Aptitude and Reasoning
- Technical sessions
- Psychometric Test
Pre- Placement Trainings
Pre-placement trainings are provided by the following companies