Department of Electrical Engineering
The department came into existence in year 2007 with an initial intake of 60 and is affiliated to Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University with current intake of 120. The department is credited being the first in state to be accredited National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of AICTE for 3 years together with UG level intake and 18 at PG level (M.Tech.-Power System Engineering). The department makes use of innovative practices in teaching and learning. The institute MIS (/EDRP) system provides rich resources such as educational CDs prepared by faculties of IITs, question banks, and online tests, access to books and journals etc. to both faculty and students. The department has well established 18 Labs, highly experienced , well qualified, committed faculty members and technical staff. Ten research scholars are actively doing research leading to Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering. The total intake increased from 60 to 120 from the year 2017 onwards. At present there are 11 qualified and experienced faculties in the department.
The Department of Electrical Engineering has been approved as a Research Centre for carrying out research work leading to PhD degree. Emphasis is being given for industrial projects for the students. The students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities, sports along with various competitions for overall personality development. The university result of 1st batch and 2nd batch was 100 % and in the third batch it was 98%. The department is having Industry Institute Partnership Cell which came into existence in the year 2009 onwards with the aid from AICTE in order to have regular interaction with the industries and to make the students aware regarding the problems/challenges in the industries. The department is also in collaboration with IIT Bombay spoken Tutorials, Code - Vita, E Litmus, AMCAT training so as to benefit students with current up gradations.
Prof. Shruti Tiwari (Head of Department)
Prof. Shruti Tiwari has achieved her degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering in 2007 followed by her Master’s degree M.Tech in Power System Engineering in 2009.Presently she has submitted her PhD thesis in Electrical Engineering from CSVTU, Bhilai. I take the privilege to welcome you all to the Department of Electrical Engineering. e aim of the department is to impart the students a sound knowledge of the theory of Electrical Engineering subjects with exposure to practical knowledge through laboratories and field study. The program emphasizes interdisciplinary team work, communication skills, tools and skills for professional practice, and lifelong learning. We strive to ensure that our graduates understand professional ethics and the value of service to their profession and society through involvement in community, state, and national organizations. The Department of Electrical Engineering at SSTC has an excellent infrastructure and well equipped labs with dedicated teaching faculties ensuring quality education. We encourage regular interaction among students, parents and staff, along with a Training and Placement Cell which works full time for a bright future for the students. Hence, I am sure that the Electrical Engineers of Shri Shankaracharya Technical Campus will make the nation proud.
To become one of the leading department in the institute as well national level. The Electrical Engineering program is designed to provide its graduates a solid educational foundation on which they can build successful and sustainable careers in Electrical Engineering or in a related field.
- To make the students learn Electrical engineering and Professional skills have field applications.
- To create an environment of life long learning through innovations, research and development.
- To create sense of responsibility, discipline and interest in various activities ultimately leading to service to the society.
- To update all the labs on regular basis.
- To procure special software for Power System Study (Transient Conditions) mainly for the Final Year B.E. and M.E. courses.
- To introduce new experiments related to testing of equipment in industries.
- To carry out research work related to the industrial systems.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) of EE Department
The electrical engineering program is designed to provide its graduates a solid educational foundation on
which they can build successful and sustainable careers in electrical engineering or a related field. As a
working definition of program educational objectives, we adopt the notion that program educational
objectives are the desired attributes or achievements of graduates a few years after leaving institute.
The electrical engineering program educational objectives are:
|Sr.No.||Programme Educational Objectives|
|1||To prepare students for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and Multinational companies.|
|2||To develop the ability among students to analyse data and technical concepts for application to network/system design.|
|3||To provide opportunity for students to work as part of team on multidisciplinary projects.|
|4||To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical , scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate , solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for higher studies.|
|5||V. To provide student awareness of the life – long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.|
Programme Outcomes (POs) of EE Department
|S.N.||Name||Designation||Qualification||Date of Joining||Nature of Association (Regular/Contractual/ Adjunct)|
|1||Dr Arpan Dwivedi||Professor||PhD||07.01.2012||Regular|
|2||Shri M.T. Deshpande||Sr. Associate Professor||M.Tech, PhD (Purs)||2.04.2003||Regular|
|3||Ms Shruti Mishra||Sr. Associate Professor (HoD)||ME, PhD (Sub)||02.07.2007||Regular|
|4||Shri Anil Brahmin||Sr. Associate Professor||M.Tech, PhD (Purs)||14.05.2009||Regular|
|5||Ms Roshni Rahangdale||Sr. Assistant Professor||ME, PhD (Sub)||25.06.2012||Regular|
|6||Ms Tanu Rizvi||Assistant Professor||ME||28.07.2008||Regular|
|7||Ms Shweta Dave||Assistant Professor||ME||28.07.2008||Regular|
|8||Ms. Ritu Kaur||Assistant Professor||ME||1/5/2010||Regular|
|9||Ms. Monika Singh||Assistant Professor||ME||14/07/2010||Regular|
|10||Ms. Aachal Gupta||Assistant Professor||ME||2/1/2011||Regular|
|11||Shri K V B Gopala Krishna||Assistant Professor||ME||01.07.2011||Regular|
|12||Ms Simardeep Kaur||Assistant Professor||ME||27.09.2012||Regular|
|13||Shri Shivendra Kumar Tidke||Assistant Professor||ME||21.06.2012||Regular|
|14||Shri Bharat Lal Sahu||Assistant Professor||ME||25.06.2012||Regular|
|15||Mr. V K Verma||Assistant Professor||ME||03.07.2014||Regular|
|16||Shri Shailendra Verma||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, PhD (Purs)||11.08.2016||Regular|
|17||Ms. Anju Sahu||Assistant Professor||ME||11/1/2017||Regular|
|18||Mr. Ajay Kumar||Assistant Professor||ME||11/1/2017||Regular|
|1||Graduate will demonstrate knowledge of Applied Mathematics, , Electrical Machines, Power System Engineering, Analog and Digital Electronics.|
|2||Graduate will demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate and solve problems related to Electrical and Power System Engineering.|
|3||Graduate will demonstrate an ability to design and perform experiment on Electronics and Electrical Circuits, Power Systems, analyze and interpret.|
|4||Graduate will demonstrate an ability to design and implement electrical and electronics systems on Integrated Development Environment.|
|5||Graduate will demonstrate an ability to work in multidisciplinary environment (PLC, DSP processor).|
|6||Graduate will demonstrate skills to use Modern Power Engineering tools and Software like PS- CAD, P-Sim , MATLAB Mi Power for Power system study.|
|7||Graduate will demonstrate the knowledge of professional and ethical responsibilities (value education, personality development, managerial skills).|
|Graduate will be able to demonstrate effectively both verbal and written communication skill.|
|8||Graduate will show the understanding towards societal issues, sustainable development.|
|9||Graduate will develop confidence and an attitude towards lifelong learning.|
|10||Graduate will be able to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE.|
|1||B.E.||Four year||120 Seats|
|2||M.E (Power System Engineering)||Two year||18 seats|
Department at glance
|No. of Faculty||11|
|No. of Supporting Staff||04|
|No. of Students||393|
|No. of Staff Rooms||06|
|No. of Class Rooms||03|
|No. of Tutorial Rooms||01|
|No. of Labs||17|
|No. of Seminar Hall||01|
|No. of Books in Dept. Library||113|
|No. of PhD Submitted||03|
|Name Of Faculty||Qualification||Designation||Teaching Experience|
|Ms. Shruti Tiwari||PhD||Sr. Assistant Professor||12 Years|
|Mr M.T Deshpande||PhD(P)||Professor||13 Years + 30 Years SAIL|
|Mr. Anil Brahmin||PhD Associate||Professor||25 Years|
|Mr. Yogesh Tiwari||PhD(P)||Associate Professor||16 Years|
|Mr. Shailendra Verma||PhD(P)||Sr. Assistant Professor||15 Years|
|Mr. Devanand Bhonsle||PhD||Sr. Assistant Professor||15 Years|
|Ms. Roshni Rahangdale||PhD(P)||Assistant Professor||11 Years|
|Ms. Tanu Rizvi||PhD(P)||Assistant Professor||11 Years|
|Ms. Shweta Dave||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||11 Years|
|Ms. Simerdeep Kaur||PhD(P)||Assistant Professor||11 Years|
|Mr. Vishnu Sahu||M.Tech||Assistant Professor||11 Years|
List of non- teaching/Supporting staff
|1||Mr. Mohan Ram||Lab Instructor|
|2||Mr. Rajeev Bhimte||Lab Instructor|
|3||Mr. K.C Bhagatkar||Lab Instructor|
|4||Ms. Nikhat Bano||Lab Instructor|
|5||Y Immaneual||Data Operator|
|S.No||Laboratory Description in the Curriculum||Exclusive/ Shared||Space/Number of students||Floor Area(Sq. m)|
|1||Machine II Lab||Exclusive||70||108|
|2||Machine I Lab||Exclusive||70||135|
|6||Protection & Switchgear Lab||Exclusive||35||72|
|10||Machine III Lab||Exclusive||70||108|
|12||Power Electronics Lab||Exclusive||35||72|
|13||Analog Electronics Lab||Shared||35||72|
|14||Automatic Control System Lab||Shared||35||72|
|16||Utilisation of Electrical Energy Lab||Shared||35||72|
|17||Digital Electronics Lab||Shared||35||72|
|18||Basic Electronics Lab||Shared||35||72|
Advanced Lab: - High Voltage
The High Voltage Lab is in existence from 2007 under the guidance of Mr. M.T. Deshpande, the former Head of the Department.It one of the best ever lab installed in Central India. It not only serves as a Lab for teaching and research purposes but it is also used for commercial testing for the local industries. The High Voltage Lab rating is 150 KV.
The Lab serves as a teaching hand for the following courses:
- (1) Electrical Power System.
- (2) High Voltage Engineering.
Commercial Testing for the following Equipments is available:
- (1) Oil Testing.
- (2) Insulator Testing.
- (3) Energy Meter Calibaration.
Hardware & Software
The department has got very rich Labs with 1 Server machines, 2 Laptops and over 40 Computer Systems - all connected with 100 Mbps Ethernet LAN. Network is connected in Star Topology with Fiber Optic Backbone (1Gbps).
- MYPOWER (05 user)
- MULTISIM (05 user)
- PSCAD(01 User)
- ETAP(05 User)
Achievements of Faculty Members
1. Seminars/ Workshops/Conferences Organized and Attended:
- A Short Term Training Program on “Research Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning” at SSTC, SSGI Bhilai on 17th December 2018 was attended by Ms Shruti Tiwari and Ms Roshni Rahangdale.
- Ms Shruti Tiwari, Ms Roshni Rahangdale, Mr Devanand Bhonsle and Ms Tanu Rizvi attended the Faculty Development Programe on “Upcoming Trends And Challenges in Electrical Engineering” organized by Department Of Electrical Engineering, BIT, Durg between 10th to 14th December 2018
- Department of Electrical Engineering has conducted A One Day Vigilance Awareness Program followed by the Speech Competition on the Theme “India Against Corruption” on 29th of October 2018.
- An Expert Lecture was given by Mr. Prasoon Tanvir to the 5th semester students
- Guest lecture was organized by the EE Department on 16th September 2018 for 3rd semester students. The Speaker was Mr P.K. Biswas of NSPCL Bhilai
2. Papers presented/Published/Submitted by faculty members:
- Mr Shailendra Verma published the paper “Luminescence Property Of Erbium Doped Calcium Silicate Prepared by Combustion Reaction” in Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical & Control Systems in July 2018.
- Mr Shailendra Verma published the paper “Synthesis and Thermoluminescence Property of Green Emitting Tb3+ Activated Calcium Silicate Phosphor” in Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical & Control Systems in July 2018.
- Mr Devanand Bhonsle published the the paper “De- Noising of Ct images Using Combined Bivariate Shrinkage and Enhanced Total Variation Technique”. in i-manager’s Journal on Electronics Engineering (JELE) in August 2018
- Mr Anil Brahmin published the paper “ Suitability Analysis Of Natural Tropical Oils for High Voltage Applications” in International Conference on New Frontiers Of Engineering, Science , Management And Humanities (ICNFESMH) in June 2018.
- Mr Shailendra Verma published the paper “ Structural, Photoluminescence And Thermoluminescence Properties Of Erbium Doped Calcium Silicate Phosphor by Solid State Reaction Method” in International Conference on New Frontiers Of Engineering, Science , Management And Humanities (ICNFESMH) in June 2018.
- Ms Roshni Rahangdale presented the paper “ Protection Of The 220 KV Transmission Line during LLLG Fault using PSB and OST unit in MATLAB” in IJSRSET in April 2018.
- Ms Roshni Rahangdale presented the paper “Comparative Analysis Of ACSR and HTLS Conductor” in IJFRCSCR in May 2018
- Ms Roshni Rahangdale presented the paper “Enhancement Of Power Transfer Capability Of Transmission Line using HTLS Conductor” in IJSRSET in April 2018
3.Cultural/Sports events organized/participated and prize won by faculties and students
- Many students bagged prizes in the speech competition event on the theme “India Against Corruption” held on 29th Oct 2018 in EE Department. Rahul Tiwari & Pushpraj Verma received first & second prize in the speech competition.
- Many students were also awarded consolation prizes.
- Ms Akanksha Mishra got the special prize for her contribution in NSS.
4.Students participation/ Achievements/ Awards/Educational And Industrial Visit
- Industrial visit was done by the faculties and students of V Semester on 15th October at Power Grid Bhilai 3
- Industrial visit was done by the faculties and students of III Semester at NSPCL Bhilai on 11th and 12th October.
|1||Almost all the faculties of this department have completed or pursuing PhD’s.|
|2||In CSVTU University toppers list of 2018-19, five students out of ten are from SSTC, EE Department.|
|3||Many students got selected in GATE and opted for higher studies in IIT’s and NIT’s.|
|4||Some of students also opted for M.S in some of foreign universities through GRE.|
Extra Co -Curricular Achievements
- Students bagged awards in different fields like sports, cultural and academic activities.
- One of our students is elected as a President for Chhattisgarh State Region in Chhattra Sansad, Delhi.
- Many students bagged prizes in various National level activities organized in IIT’s and NIT’s.
- Many students are placed in top Multinational companies in college campus recruitment like Adani Power, TCS, Cognizant, Tech Mahindra, CAPEGEMINI, HFFC, and Trade Ocean etc.
- Highest package bagged by department students is 13LPA. (BYJU’S Learning)
- Also some of students cracked state PSC’s and are posted in very renowned positions.
- Most of students are posted in various Government and State Government companies such as CSEB, PWD, SAIL, NTPC, Power Grid, BHEL, BPCL etc.
Student Achievements (Higher Studies)
GATE 2019 Results
|S.No.||Name of the Students||Marks||Rank||Batch||Branch|
|5||SANJOO KUMAR BANJARE||40.95||15100||2019||EE|
|6||RAHUL KUMAR SAHU||47||12580||2019||EE|
Topper List 2014-15 Batch
|S.NO||Name of student Father's & Mother's Name||Branch||Merit Position|
FATHER NAME-SHRI D S KASHYAP,
MOTHER NAME- SMT SARAJ KASHYAP
|2|| HIMANSHU AGARWAL,
FATHER NAME-SHRI D.K. AGRAWAL,
MOTHER NAME- SMT RENU AGRAWAL
FATHER NAME- SHRI AMIR AHMED,
MOTHER NAME- SMT SHAMSHAD BEGUM
University Toppers List 2017-2018
Out of 10 students 5 are from our Department
List of Alumini:-
- Vaishali Rathi (2016 Batch)
- Jayesh jain (2017 Batch)
- Sakshi Jagtap (2017 Batch)
- Geetesh Verma (2016 Batch)
- Ashutosh Upadhayay (2016 Batch)
- Vandana Sahu (2014 Batch)
- Shivender Tidke (2011 Batch)
- Jagtar Singh Bhatti (2011 Batch)
- Shubham Rawlani (2017 Batch)
- Mayur Mishra (2018 Batch)
Solitaires of the department:-
VAISHALI RATHI (TCS)
GEETESH VERMA (ADANI)
YOGITA DEWANGAN (TECH MAHINDRA)
YADVENDRA PATEL (TCS)
SHIVA (ADANI POWER)
ABHINAV CHAKARVARTI 2017 BATCH (BYJU’S)
VARSHA DESHMUKH 2017 BATCH (BYJU’S)
PRAYAS 2017 BATCH (CAPEGEMINI)
ATUL PATASKAR 2017 BATCH (BYJU’S)
SAURBH VERMA GO SPPEDY GO
AZAD BHANDARI (COGNIZANT)
MANSI SAHU (ETEAM INC)
ROBERT SAMUEL JARO EDUCTION
KANIKA MAURYA (TCS)
NIDHI RAMTEKE (EXTRA MARK)
Placement List BATCH 2018-19:-
|S No.||NAME OF STUDENTS||BRANCH||COMPANY NAME||PACKAGE(LPA)|
|1||AZAD BHANDHARI||EE||TRADE OCEAN||15|
|2||G PRASHANT||EE||TRADE OCEAN||15|
|3||PRANAY GUPTA||EE||TRADE OCEAN||15|
|4||SOURBH VERMA||EE||TRADE OCEAN||15|
|5||HUMENDRA GUPTA||EE||TRADE OCEAN||15|
|6||ROBERT SAMUEL||EE||ARO EDUCATION, TOP||12.02|
|7||AKANKSHA MISHRA||EE||EXTRA MARKS||8.67|
|8||MANSI SAHU||EE||EXTRA MARKS||8.67|
|9||NIDHI RAMTEKE||EE||EXTRA MARKS||8.67|
|11||SHILANCHI PANDEY||EE||EXTRA MARKS||8.67|
|12||ANUKRITI SHRIVASTAV||EE||EXTRA MARKS||8.67|
|13||AZAD BHANDHARI||EE||GO SPPEDY GO||4.12|
|14||ROBERT SAMUEL||EE||GO SPPEDY GO||4.12|
|15||MOHINDRA SUBHOJ||EE||GO SPPEDY GO||4.12|
|16||NIDHI RAMTEKE||EE||GO SPPEDY GO||4.12|
|17||SHILANCHI||EE||GO SPPEDY GO||4.12|
|18||MEGHA DEWANGAN||EE||GO SPPEDY GO||4.12|
|31||NIDHI RAMTEKE||EE||EXTRA MARK||3|
|32||VARSHA JAIN||EE||EXTRA MARK||3|
|33||SWETA SINGH||EE||EXTRA MARK||3|
|36||ROBERT SAMUEL||EE||JUST DIAL||2.7|
|37||MANSI SAHU||EE||JUST DIAL||2.7|
|38||DEEKSHA GAWANDE||EE||JUST DIAL||2.7|
|45||SAKSHI DIDTUDAK||EE||TECH MAHINDRA||2.64|
|46||MANSI SAHU||EE||FOCUS ACADEMY||2.64|
|47||HUMENDRA GUPTA||EE||VICTORY ACADEMY||2.5|
|48||HUMENDRA GUPTA||EE||TECH MAHINDRA||2.1|
|49||G PRASHANT||EE||TECH MAHINDRA||2.1|
Placement List BATCH 2016-17
|S.NO.||NAME OF STUDENTS||BRANCH||COMPANY NAME|
|2||AMANDEEP SINGH||EE||Tech Mahindra|
|3||ATUL KUMAR SWAIN||EE||Tech Mahindra|
|4||KOMAL SHARMA||EE||Tech Mahindra|
|5||NIKHIL MARKANDEYA||EE||Tech Mahindra|
|6||NIKITA MISHRA||EE||Tech Mahindra|
|7||PRIYANSH CHAURASIA||EE||Tech Mahindra|
|8||SAVI SHIKHA||EE||Tech Mahindra|
|9||VAIBHAV KUMAR UPADHYAY||EE||Tech Mahindra|
|11||PRADEEP KUMAR GUPTA||EE||MOTIF INDIA|
|12||AAMIR FAROOQUI||EE||MOTIF INDIA|
|13||SHIKHA SONI||EE||MOTIF INDIA|
|14||KHUSHBOO SINGH||EE||MOTIF INDIA|
|15||SURAJ SINGH||EE||MOTIF INDIA|
|16||CHANDRABHAN SINGH NAG||EE||MOTIF INDIA|
|17||AAKASH KUMAR||EE||MOTIF INDIA|
|18||MITHILESH DHIRHE||EE||MOTIF INDIA|
|19||SHAILENDRA SINGH||EE||MOTIF INDIA|
|20||SHUBHAM RAWLANI||EE||MOTIF INDIA|
|21||PRIYA AGARWAL||EE||V DART SOFTWARE|
|22||ANIL SINGH CHAUHAN||EE||RECOM INFOTECH|
|23||RAKESH KUMAR||EE||RECOM INFOTECH|
|24||SHANI VISHWAKARMA||EE||RECOM INFOTECH|
|25||SURESH KUMAR KANWAR||EE||RECOM INFOTECH|
|26||SHAILENDRA SINGH||EE||RECOM INFOTECH|
|27||AYUSH LAKHERA||EE||RECOM INFOTECH|
|28||HEMANT KUMAR KARBHAL||EE||CAPITAL HEIGHTS|
|29||NAMRATA PAGARE||EE||CAPITAL HEIGHTS|
|30||DEEKSHA BHULE||EE||CAPITAL HEIGHTS|
|34||VAIBHAV KUMAR UPADHYAY||EE||WAYS2CAPITAL|
|35||NEHA PRATIHAST||EE||NERDY ACADEMY|
|37||HARISH JAIN||EE||MARKET MAGNIFYL|
|40||PRADEEP KUMAR GUPTA||EE||Jayaswal Neco|
|41||MITHLESH KUMAR DHIRHE||EE||Jayaswal Neco|
|42||ATUL KUMAR SWAIN||EE||Jayaswal Neco|
Detail of workshops in latest technologies and certification:-
A national level workshop on “Solar Panel with Aurdino” was conducted by “TECHVRIDDHI’ 19” on 15 th and 16 th February 2019, in association with Entrepreneurship Cell IIT Kharagpur for the 4 th semester students of Electrical Department. The students were provided certificates for their active participation.
Contact DepartmentDepartment of Electrical Engineering
Email ID: email@example.com