Department of Computer Science & Engineering (Artificial Intelligence) Contact Department
The Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) FET of SSGI, SSTC was started in the year 1999 with an initial intake of 60 students and now it has been increased to 180 students. The Department of Computer Science & Engineering offers B. E. in Computer Science and Engineering & M. Tech. courses in Computer Technology Application and Computer Science and Engineering. Currently, the intake of the Department for UG is 180 and PG in M.Tech (CTA) is 30, M.Tech (CSE) is 30. It has been accredited by National Board of Accreditation in 2009 and 2014. The student chapter of professional societies like ISTE is active throughout the year to develop and support co-curriculum and extra curriculum activities among the students. The department not only provides state of the art computing facilities to the students but it also provides knowledge with the latest technologies and practical exposure so that they can make their presence felt in the latest technical revolution.
Message from HOD
- HOD: Dr Dr. Samta Gajbhiye, Ph.D
- Department of Computer Science & Engineering (CSE) FET of SSGI, SSTC has started in the year 1999 with an initial intake of 60 students and now it has been increased to 180 students.
- M. Tech. courses in Computer Technology Application [Intake 30]
- M. Tech. courses in Computer Science and Engineering [Intake 30]
- Accreditation Status: Accredited three times by National Board of Accreditation in 2009 and 2014 and in 2019
- Professional societies : CSI, ISTE, and IEEE are active throughout the year to develop and support co-curriculum and extra curriculum activities among the students.
To empower the students to be technologically adept, innovative and responsible global citizen and contribute significantly towards high quality technical education with ever changing world so as to build a strong & developed nation.
- To enhance the technical knowledge of the students by embracing activity and analytical based learning and also outcome based education in varied areas of computer science and engineering.
- To groom competent professionals to become part of the industry & research organization at national & international level.
- Provide exposure of latest tools and technologies in the area of engineering and technology.
The department has a modern laboratory to serve the teaching and research needs of the students and faculties of the department. The lab currently has 2 HP servers about 405 Pentium Dual-Core PCs. All systems are connected to the departmental LAN which is a part of the Institute-wide area network. Internet connectivity is provided by a 100 Mbps link leased from BSNL exclusively for the department. The department also has all licensed as well as open source software required for all the courses offered by CSE department.
Laboratory education is an important part of the engineering curriculum. The department has various laboratories in both the platforms i.e. Windows and Linux and the department constantly modernizes its infrastructure facilities to keep abreast with the rapidly changing technological trends in the field. At present the Computer Science and Engineering Department is having two full furnished labs for practicing C and Data Structures, OOP through Java, Shell programming, Oracle, Case tools, Multimedia web design, Compiler Design, Operating system labs.
SSTC has introduced a whole new course of education for students to ensure whole and sole growth of students in the field of Artificial Intelligence by introducing a new branch in BE CSE named as CSE AI, this program provides the fundamental concepts of Computer Science along with fundamental study of Artificial Intelligence and its utilization in real world. It empowers understudies to give answers for logical, innovative and complex genuine issues. It will help students understand concepts like Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and how it helps in developing programs running with artificial intelligence it will not only make students of Chhattisgarh be well educated in such a field which is currently on trend but also help them develop their skills with SSTC's various facilities. This specialization is designed to enable students to build intelligent machines, software, or applications with a cutting-edge combination of machine learning, analytics and visualization technologies. The main goal of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning is to program computers to use example data or experience to solve a given problem. Many successful applications based on machine learning exist already, including systems that analyze past sales data to predict customer behaviour (financial management), recognize faces or spoken speech, optimize robot behaviour so that a task can be completed using minimum resources, and extract knowledge from bioinformatics data.