DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
The Department of Civil Engineering at SSEC - SSTC, Bhilai was established in 2017 and has continuously upgraded itself in terms of academic programs and research infrastructure, including state of the art laboratories and research facilities. The department attracts some of the finest young and dynamic faculty members and the best of the students for its Bachelors and Masters programs. Students are exposed to well define academic programs along with a host of sports, cultural and organizational activities in the vibrant and beautiful campus of SSTC. The presence of the state of the art experimental and computational facilities at the institute, industry interaction, and industrial training opportunities help the students in the department to excel in their competitive professional lives. Our graduates and postgraduates have been selected by renowned leading national and multinational firms. The many achievements of our students have really made us proud!
The department works with dedication and commitment to provide excellence in classroom/laboratory infrastructure, enrichment of the academic and professional experience of students, outreach to the engineering community and society, and overall advancement in the field of Civil Engineering. We would be happy to receive any valuable suggestions from your side. Feel free to contact us if you have any queries or comments
M.K. Tiwari (Head Of Department)
Mr. M. K. Tiwari pursed BE in Civil Engineering from Nagpur University (M.H), India in the year 1992 and Master of Engineering in Environmental Science and Engineering from RSU Raipur in 2008. He has done his Ph.D in Civil Engineering from NIT, Raipur in 2018. He is currently working as Associate Professor and Head at SSTC-SSEC,Bhilai in Civil Engineering Department.. He has Published more than 10 research papers in various international and national journals. He is also the lifte time member of Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE) and Institution of Engineer’s (India). His main research work focuses on He has more than 25years of teaching experience.
- Prepare effective and responsible graduate engineers for global requirements by providing quality education.
- Upgrade existing labs of department and establishing Center of Excellence in various fields.
- To promote problem based learning in the department to meet requirements of industries.
- To strengthen sponsored Research Projects in collaboration with AICTE, CGCOST and DST.
- To motivate more faculties to Doctoral Program.
- 38 well configured PCs (Dual core, 1GB RAM with latest STAAD.Pro installed)
- Well equipped Testing & Consultancy Cell
- AutoCAD, SAP 2000 Non-Linear & STAAD.Pro v8i Softwares
- Close interaction with industry under I.I.I. (Industry Institute Interaction)
- Timely site visits for students to provide practical knowledge
- 24 Hrs internet facility (Wired + WiFi)
- Short term trainings on AutoCAD/STAAD-Pro, provided by SEANS Infosystems.
|Sr. No.||Name of course||Branch||Intake||Duration|
|Sl. No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation||Highest Qualification|
|1||Dr. Abhishek Shukla||Associate Professor||PhD|
|2||Mrs. Shail Hirwani||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|3||Mr. Nesh Kumar Sibu||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|4||Mr Hitesh Chandra||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|5||Mr. Ashutosh Mishra||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|6||Mr. Vaibhav Dubey||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|7||Mr. Jatin Gupta||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|8||Mr. Sandeep Jhagde||Assistant Professor||M.Tech|
|9||Mr.Sanjeev Kumar||Assistant Professor||BE|
|10||Ms. Pooja Bhatia||Assistant Professor||BE|
|11||Mr. Hirendra||Assistant Professor||BE|