Department of Information Technology
The Department of Information Technology Engineering was established in the year 1999 with the intake of 60 students at Under Graduate level and by 2007 the intake was increased to 120. In 2015 Post Graduate level program with specialization in Information Technology was approved with an intake of 18 students. The department has well equipped labs & research facilities. The department has Microsoft Imagine Academy under which certification courses and Hewlett Packard Competency under which Certificate program are conducted. CSI Student Chapter is also being established and many activities are conducted.
- HOD: Dr Jaspal Bagga Ph.D
- IT Deptt FET of SSTC, SSTC started in the year 1999 with an initial intake of 60 students and now it has been increased to 120 students.
- PG Courses: M. Tech. information Technology
- Accreditation Status: Accredited three times by National Board of Accreditation in 2007 and 2014 and in 2017
- To achieve excellence in education so as to enable students to establish themselves as world class professional and empower them with the proficiency and knowledge required to excel in the dynamic field of IT.
- To create and disseminate knowledge through teaching, learning ,research and develop leadership, teamwork skills and value of commitment to quality among IT students
|Sr. No.||Lab No.||Lab Names||Computers|
|1||Computer Lab 01||Digital Image Processing Lab||30|
|2||Computer Lab 02||DWDM & DBMS Lab||30|
|3||Computer Lab 03||Microprocessor Lab||30|
|4||Computer Lab 04||Big Data/Hadoop Lab||30|
|5||Computer Lab 05||Web Development Lab||30|
|6||Computer Lab 06||N/W & Hardware Lab||30|
|7||Computer Lab 07||Programming Lab||25|
|8||Computer Lab 08||Software Engg. & Testing Lab||30|
|9||Computer Lab 09||Operating System Lab(Linux)||25|
|10||Computer Lab 10||Open Source & Android Lab||30|
|11||Computer Lab 11||Hi-Tech lab MACHINE learning lab||25|
|12||Computer Lab 12||Research Lab||12|
- MS Windows XP
- MS Windows Server 2003
- Visual Stdio.Net MSDN
- MS Project
- SQL Server 02
- Windows Server 04
- kubuntu Linux 8.0
- QuickHeal Antivirus
- Microsoft Campus Licence Agreement
- IBM Software Testing (RFT & RQM)
- Biometric Software
- Total no of computers:330
- DLP: 06
- Shared Internet Connectivity
Program Educational Objectives (Peos):
|S.No||Program Educational Objectives|
|1||To prepare students with a strong foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems.|
|2||To develop an ability to analyze the requirements of the software, understand the technical specifications, hence develop efficient IT based product designs.|
|3||To Develop knowledge and skill to respond creatively and effectively to local and global challenges by giving them exposure to emerging cutting edge technology, training and opportunity to work as team on multidisciplinary projects.|
|4||To inculcate the right perspective and orientation, ability to relate engineering issues to social contexts, ethical reasoning and effective and fair interaction with others|
|5||To promote student awareness on lifelong learning by providing academic environment for higher learning and quality research & development, also to introduce them to professional ethics needed for successful career .|
- Number of Books 305
- e-Content 340
- Number of Titles 41
- University Question Paper Last 5 yrs
- Project Reports Last 3 Years
- Question Bank Last 5 years
Academic Components of Outcome Based Education
Class Room Teaching
- Tutorial Classes
- Remedical Classes
- Group Discussion
Problem Based Learning
- Project Work
- Minor Project
- Major Project
- Live Project
- Vocational Traning
- Guest Lecture
- Health Hygnic Yoga
- Personality Development
- Managerial Innovative & Enterpreneurial skills
- Spoken Tutorial
- Open Book Class Test
- Video Lecture
- Question Banks
Academic/ Industry Associations
Certification by Microsoft IT Academy (MOS, MTA)
Training by HP In Recent Technologies (PYTHON, ANDROID)
IBM RFT and RQM tool for Software Testing lab
ASTUTE in association with Bennet University for Machine learning and deep learning.
Automate Anywhere: Training center for BOTS. Nearly 350 students have registered in Automation Anywhere and 21 students and faculties have cleared the certification on BOT.
MHRD approved Institute Innovation Council: The institute has been rated as 3-star for its initiative and support for innovation, startups and idea that was submitted in MHRD IIC.
Professional Body Membership and Student Chapter
CSI Student Chapter for Training and Research associations
Placement /Training Partners
Aptitude and attitude
"Women Empowerment :Awareness on Safety and Legal Issues",
“Motivation & Leadership Skills”
Workshop/Trainings/Seminars for Technical Skill Upgradation
JAVA with Android Application Development
Machine Learning through PYTHON
Cloud Computing with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Security Analysis of Software Systems and Networks
Data Science using Python
Program Outcomes (Po):
Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design/development of solutions
Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations..
Conduct investigations of complex problems
Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern tool usage
Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
The engineer and society
Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability
Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and team work
Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project management and finance:
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcome
|S.No||Program Specific Outcomes|
|1||To command basic concepts and practices in the core information technologies of human computer interaction, programming, networking and management.|
|2||Ability to design, develop a complex software and hardware system in current trends.|
|3||Analyzing the impact of IT/solution in societal and environment context.|
Faculty Online Courses Registrations & Certifications :
MHRD IIC Cell
No of PhDs : 4
Average Experience – 12 years
|Domain||Description||Name of Faculty|
|TEQIP III funded Collaborative Research Projects||1)Key barrier in the growth of engineering education in chhattisgarh state a fuzzy kano and TISM Integrated approach/amount sanctioned=100000/-
2)Design and Implementation of Image retrieval system for Trademark/logo images for Registration
|Dr Bhagwati Patel Co PI
Dr Latika Pinjarkar PI
|AICTE approved FDP||Data Science ,Analytics and Visualization Tools AICTE and ISTE funded and APPROVED||Coordinator Dr jaspal Bagga|
|Book Published /book chapter||1.Medical Image Processing : concepts and applications Publisher: PHI Learning Private Limited ISBN: 978-81-203-4902-5
2. Reliable Computer-aided Diagnosis System using Region based Segmentation of Mammographic Breast Cancer Images Book chapter: Mathematical Methods and Systems in Science and Engineering, 131-142 Publisher: WSEAS Design and Implementation of Dynamic Source Routing Protocol: A Guide for Beginners engaged in teaching, learning and research related to Mobile Ad-hoc Network and Routing Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing Publisher: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing Language: English
|Dr bhagwati charan patel|
|Cognitive Informatic ,Computer Modelling and Cognitive Science vol 2 with Elsevier||Dr Jaspal Bagga|
CERTIFICATION COURSES BY FACULTIES:
|Domain||Description||Name of Faculty|
|Certification||Certification from NVIDIA : Fundamental of Deep learning for computer vision||Dr. jaspal bagga
Dr. latika pinjarkar
Prof madhuri gupta
|Spoken tutorial Remote Center Certification from IIT, Bombay||Dr jaspal Bagga
Dr latika pinjarkar
|NPTEL Certification||Dr jaspal Bagga
Dr latika Pinjarkar
Prof Ashish sao
|ECcouncil certified Secure Computer User||Mr. K V ravikumar|
|IBM software industry oriented trainning||Prof k v raj
Prof k v ravi
Prof Anil Mandle
|Microsoft Technology Associate in networking fundamental||Prof k v raj
Prof k v ravi
Dr Bhagwati Patel
University Toppers Batch 2017 pass out
|1||RIYA PRAKASH RATNAKAR||03 Rank|
|2||Atul Agrawal||03 Rank|
|3||T. Diksha||04 Rank|
|4||Yash Kumar Joshi||7th Rank|
NPTEL: 4 students secured Elite certification in NPTEL
Smart India Hackathon: Every year students participate in SIH and brings applauds to the institute
IIT Mumbai Remote Center – For Live learning and discussions with faculty of IITs
- Swati Dhote: Opening Speaker in “ 9th Bhartiya ChhatraSansad ” in 2019 held at Pune (M.S)
- Best Speaker in “ National Parents Meet for Disabled Children” January -2019 held at Raipur (C.G)
- Book Launch By central Cabinet Minister of Swati Dhote
- Priya Verma: participation in rebuplic day parade
- Vikas Pradhan : National participation in power Lifting, Going jermany for international participation
- HACKATHON 3.0: non-stop 24 hour Coding Competition. Sponsored by CSVTU Bhilai &TEQIP-III.
- Total 110 teams registered , 82 teams SHORTLISTED
- 20- Judges from IIT’s , NIT’s and Industries
- Total prize of 50000/- thousand was awarded to winning teams.
Why choose Shri Shankaracharya Technical Campus ?
- Well-qualified and experienced faculty.
- Industry tie-ups and International collaborations.
- 20+ Years of Experience.
- High Standard Detailing in Academics.
- Smart Classes and Online Learning available.