Department of Electrical Engineering
The department came into existence in year 2007 with an initial intake of 60 and is affiliated to Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University with current intake of 120. The department is credited being the first in state to be accredited National Board of Accreditation (NBA) of AICTE for 3 years together with UG level intake and 18 at PG level (M.Tech.-Power System Engineering). The department makes use of innovative practices in teaching and learning. The institute MIS (/EDRP) system provides rich resources such as educational CDs prepared by faculties of IITs, question banks, and online tests, access to books and journals etc. to both faculty and students. The department has well established 18 Labs, highly experienced , well qualified, committed faculty members and technical staff. Ten research scholars are actively doing research leading to Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering. The total intake increased from 60 to 120 from the year 2017 onwards. At present there are 11 qualified and experienced faculties in the department.
The Department of Electrical Engineering has been approved as a Research Centre for carrying out research work leading to PhD degree. Emphasis is being given for industrial projects for the students. The students are encouraged to participate in extra-curricular activities, sports along with various competitions for overall personality development. The university result of 1st batch and 2nd batch was 100 % and in the third batch it was 98%. The department is having Industry Institute Partnership Cell which came into existence in the year 2009 onwards with the aid from AICTE in order to have regular interaction with the industries and to make the students aware regarding the problems/challenges in the industries. The department is also in collaboration with IIT Bombay spoken Tutorials, Code - Vita, E Litmus, AMCAT training so as to benefit students with current up gradations.
Prof. Shruti Tiwari has achieved her degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering in 2007 followed by her Master’s degree M.Tech in Power System Engineering in 2009.Presently she has submitted her PhD thesis in Electrical Engineering from CSVTU, Bhilai. I take the privilege to welcome you all to the Department of Electrical Engineering. e aim of the department is to impart the students a sound knowledge of the theory of Electrical Engineering subjects with exposure to practical knowledge through laboratories and field study. The program emphasizes interdisciplinary team work, communication skills, tools and skills for professional practice, and lifelong learning. We strive to ensure that our graduates understand professional ethics and the value of service to their profession and society through involvement in community, state, and national organizations. The Department of Electrical Engineering at SSTC has an excellent infrastructure and well equipped labs with dedicated teaching faculties ensuring quality education. We encourage regular interaction among students, parents and staff, along with a Training and Placement Cell which works full time for a bright future for the students. Hence, I am sure that the Electrical Engineers of Shri Shankaracharya Technical Campus will make the nation proud.
Prof. Shruti Tiwari (Head of Department)
To become one of the leading department in the institute as well national level. The Electrical Engineering program is designed to provide its graduates a solid educational foundation on which they can build successful and sustainable careers in Electrical Engineering or in a related field.
- To make the students learn Electrical engineering and Professional skills have field applications.
- To create an environment of life long learning through innovations, research and development.
- To create sense of responsibility, discipline and interest in various activities ultimately leading to service to the society.
- To update all the labs on regular basis.
- To procure special software for Power System Study (Transient Conditions) mainly for the Final Year B.E. and M.E. courses.
- To introduce new experiments related to testing of equipment in industries.
- To carry out research work related to the industrial systems.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOS) Of EE Department
The electrical engineering program is designed to provide its graduates a solid educational foundation on which they can build successful and sustainable careers in electrical engineering or a related field. As a working definition of program educational objectives, we adopt the notion that program educational objectives are the desired attributes or achievements of graduates a few years after leaving institute.
The electrical engineering program educational objectives are:
|Sr.No.||Programme Educational Objectives|
|1||To prepare students for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and Multinational companies.|
|2||To develop the ability among students to analyse data and technical concepts for application to network/system design.|
|3||To provide opportunity for students to work as part of team on multidisciplinary projects.|
|4||To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical , scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate , solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for higher studies.|
|5||V. To provide student awareness of the life – long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.|
Programme Outcomes (POS) Of EE Department
The Lab serves as a teaching hand for the following courses:
- (1) Electrical Power System.
- (2) High Voltage Engineering.
Commercial Testing for the following Equipments is available:
- (1) Oil Testing.
- (2) Insulator Testing.
- (3) Energy Meter Calibaration.
Hardware & Software
The department has got very rich Labs with 1 Server machines, 2 Laptops and over 40 Computer Systems - all connected with 100 Mbps Ethernet LAN. Network is connected in Star Topology with Fiber Optic Backbone (1Gbps).
- MYPOWER (05 user)
- MULTISIM (05 user)
- PSCAD(01 User)
- ETAP(05 User)
Achievements Of Faculty Members
1. Seminars/ Workshops/Conferences Organized and Attended:
- A Short Term Training Program on “Research Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence & Machine learning” at SSTC, SSTC Bhilai on 17th December 2018 was attended by Ms Shruti Tiwari and Ms Roshni Rahangdale.
- Ms Shruti Tiwari, Ms Roshni Rahangdale, Mr Devanand Bhonsle and Ms Tanu Rizvi attended the Faculty Development Programe on “Upcoming Trends And Challenges in Electrical Engineering” organized by Department Of Electrical Engineering, BIT, Durg between 10th to 14th December 2018
- Department of Electrical Engineering has conducted A One Day Vigilance Awareness Program followed by the Speech Competition on the Theme “India Against Corruption” on 29th of October 2018.
- An Expert Lecture was given by Mr. Prasoon Tanvir to the 5th semester students
- Guest lecture was organized by the EE Department on 16th September 2018 for 3rd semester students. The Speaker was Mr P.K. Biswas of NSPCL Bhilai
2. Papers presented/Published/Submitted by faculty members:
- Mr Shailendra Verma published the paper “Luminescence Property Of Erbium Doped Calcium Silicate Prepared by Combustion Reaction” in Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical & Control Systems in July 2018.
- Mr Shailendra Verma published the paper “Synthesis and Thermoluminescence Property of Green Emitting Tb3+ Activated Calcium Silicate Phosphor” in Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamical & Control Systems in July 2018.
- Mr Devanand Bhonsle published the the paper “De- Noising of Ct images Using Combined Bivariate Shrinkage and Enhanced Total Variation Technique”. in i-manager’s Journal on Electronics Engineering (JELE) in August 2018
- Mr Anil Brahmin published the paper “ Suitability Analysis Of Natural Tropical Oils for High Voltage Applications” in International Conference on New Frontiers Of Engineering, Science , Management And Humanities (ICNFESMH) in June 2018.
- Mr Shailendra Verma published the paper “ Structural, Photoluminescence And Thermoluminescence Properties Of Erbium Doped Calcium Silicate Phosphor by Solid State Reaction Method” in International Conference on New Frontiers Of Engineering, Science , Management And Humanities (ICNFESMH) in June 2018.
- Ms Roshni Rahangdale presented the paper “ Protection Of The 220 KV Transmission Line during LLLG Fault using PSB and OST unit in MATLAB” in IJSRSET in April 2018.
- Ms Roshni Rahangdale presented the paper “Comparative Analysis Of ACSR and HTLS Conductor” in IJFRCSCR in May 2018
- Ms Roshni Rahangdale presented the paper “Enhancement Of Power Transfer Capability Of Transmission Line using HTLS Conductor” in IJSRSET in April 2018
3. Cultural/Sports events organized/participated and prize won by faculties and students
- Many students bagged prizes in the speech competition event on the theme “India Against Corruption” held on 29th Oct 2018 in EE Department. Rahul Tiwari & Pushpraj Verma received first & second prize in the speech competition.
- Many students were also awarded consolation prizes.
- Ms Akanksha Mishra got the special prize for her contribution in NSS.
4. Students participation/ Achievements/ Awards/Educational And Industrial Visit
- Industrial visit was done by the faculties and students of V Semester on 15th October at Power Grid Bhilai 3
- Industrial visit was done by the faculties and students of III Semester at NSPCL Bhilai on 11th and 12th October.
Why choose Shri Shankaracharya Technical Campus ?
- Well-qualified and experienced faculty.
- Industry tie-ups and International collaborations.
- 20+ Years of Experience.
- High Standard Detailing in Academics.
- Smart Classes and Online Learning available.